One of my goals for 2008 is to better learn the manual side of my camera. I seriously want to work toward building up a portfolio so that I can start a portrait photography business. I've had a lot of luck lately using my 50mm lens. I want to learn to maximize its potential as well as my other lenses. I've been reading Understanding Exposure, a book I got for Christmas. Hopefully I can gain better insight into settings. I've become so aware of different lighting conditions throughout the house by looking at Savannah's eyes. My challenge to myself is to take at least 1 photo each and every day. 365 pictures for the year. I realize I might end up with a ton of pictures of Savannah, but that is ok with me. I will be documenting her changes and growth. I plan to join up and play along with the girls here
ScrapEtc and use the theme list that was posted here
Two Peas for weekly inspiration. I will try to post camera information for each of the photos to help me learn what I've done that works. Although the original photo will more than likely be edited in iphoto and Photoshop so I can get practice with Photoshop. :)

Jan 1-Day 1
1/50; f/1.4; 50mm; 100 iso
Leah and Savannah comparing bags they gave each other.

Jan 2-Day 2
1/50; f/1.4; 50mm; 400 iso
Me taking a picture in the mirror. It was at night, so the overhead lighting is terrible.

Jan 3- Day 3
1/125; f/2.5; 50mm; 100 iso
I found a new light source once I took down the Christmas tree. This is playing with the hat theme of the week. Getting Savannah bundled up to brave the cold weather.

Jan 4-Day 4
1/60; f/1.8; 50mm; 100 iso
Savannah jabbering to someone on the phone.

Jan 4-Day 4
1/100; f/2.0; 50mm; 100 iso
Backpack and baby in hand, ready to go somewhere.

Jan 4-Day 4
1/80; f/3.5; 50mm; 400 iso
Looking out the window. I am going to have to try this shot again, I love the reflection in the window!
I just couldn't decide between the 3 for today's picture. They are all classic Savannah.
2 comments:
I love your pictures! Savannah is getting SO BIG!!
See you soon!
TRACY
ScrapEtc Team
The picture of Savannah by the front door looks like a first day of school picture :-)
Your photography skills just keep getting better & better!! I am constantly amazed & inspired by your photos and scrapping. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment