Thursday, January 10, 2008

Focus on Reading

Jan 9-Day 9

1/400; f/1.4; 50mm; 100iso

One of my goals for the year is to read through the chronological NIV Bible. I began reading this Bible last Sept. and was able to follow through with it through the end of the year. That was a big accomplishment for me. First of all I like that it has each day's reading sectioned off with the date. It holds me accountable and I don't want to get behind. I like the new perspective it offers having the events written in close to the order that they happened, so the complete story of the bible flows even better. So in Genesis after the Tower of Babel, it switches over to Job, and then back to Genesis. It was helpful when reading through the Gospels in the NT because you get the similar accounts from each Gospel at the same time, so it is like reading one complete book rather then 4 seperate ones.

I would also like to take more time to read stories with Savannah. She enjoys books, but doesn't just love to be read to. I would like to at least read 1 book with her each day. Wed. we went to story time at the library. She did pretty good sitting with me listening to the stories this week. We've had melt downs some weeks. I would like for her to be able to go into the library and help me pick out books and sit and look at them, but I don't think she is quite to that point. She views it as a social time that she wants to run around and chase the other kids and laugh. We've got to keep working on this!

No comments: