Sunday, January 20, 2008

Logos, Popcorn, and Portraits

Jan 17--Day 17

1/125; f/7.1; 50mm; 400iso

I worked Thursday night on different logo designs. What opinions do you have? I like the font of the 2nd one, but I like the fun design of the first one. I actually digitized the vine from a stamped image on paper. I scanned it in and cleaned it up, copied and scaled it to size. I would like some sort of graphic, maybe a flower? Not sure yet about colors, but I would like to use blue somewhere in it. I would love to hear feedback.

Jan18--Day 18

1/125; f/1.4; 50mm; 400iso

Well, we definately know that Savannah is a girl after her Grandmother's heart. She found a bag of microwave popcorn and insisted that she wanted some. I think I've only given her popcorn like once and it was months ago, but I do however know that she recently had some with my mom. I put the bowl in the middle of the table and she would pull it over and sneak handfuls of it. Love the sneaky look on this shot. I ended up taking like 20 pics of her eating.

Jan 19--Day 19

1/200; f/1.8; 50mm; 400iso

I had the opportunity to take portraits of a baby of a friend from church. She is a little over 4 months. This let me play around with positions and props. I have like 50 good pictures that turned out...needless to say I've been busy editing the past few days! I can really tell that I am learning more every shoot I do, and my standard of quality is increasing.

2 comments:

Katie said...

The pic of Savannah is so funny! I think Mom has one similar to that of Dan & me- probably the same age, too. I'll have to find it :-)
I like the logos you came up with, but my favorite is the one you've been using. It's both pretty & playful.

Jenney said...

I'm so impressed that you're keeping up with the 365 challenge! I'm doing good to take the picture are you're posting them AND journaling about them. Way to go, girl!

I like both logos. Sorry, I'm not much help. =)

Congrats, again, on making the DT!!