Friday, May 16, 2008

Vacation Plans and Finished Projects

Is it really Friday already? That means two weeks from today we will be driving in the car to Philadelphia to see our friends, the Delks. We plan to get out and enjoy the sites and amusements of the area with Savannah, before heading to Binghamton, NY for Jonathan's cousin, Charles' wedding. Everything on the agenda pretty much revolves around things Savannah will enjoy, but it should, considering this is her first major trip. The plan was to fly, but we have opted to save extra money in air fares and rental cars by driving. My parents are graciously letting us drive their new Saturn SUV, so we can have a little more leg room. .
So far on the agenda we have:
Friday--Drive as far as we can north. Stay the night some where in VA.
Sat--Stop in Hershey, PA and enjoy the sites and take the free chocolate tour. CHOCOLATE was on J's list to do. =)
Sun--Driving to and from church will consume most of the day. Maybe stop at the King of Prussia mall.
Mon--Sesame Place--Savannah is going to flip out when she gets to see Elmo in person and all his friends! She already was beside her self when she save the website.
Tues--Zoo and see what we can of historic downtown
Wed--Start heading north to NY. Stop at the Crayola Factory. Another instant favorite for Savannah and her "colors" obsession.
Thurs--???
Friday--??? (We would love to fit in a trip to NY city, but don't know if it will work out this trip?)
Saturday--Afternoon wedding
Sunday--church and long drive back to AL

We have had an interesting week with Savannah. She has regressed with her wonderful sleeping patterns. Our goal of taking the front off her crib was to get her trained to sleep without it for the upcoming trip, and the fact that she was getting to the point of about to climb out. This past week we have battled taking naps and falling asleep and getting in her bed. Every night it is something different, but she will definitely cling to mama. We have tried just about everything in the book, but it is just something she is going to have to grow out of/or into. Her favorite get sleepy method this week has been to talk to my mother on the phone. She will lay in my bed and hold the phone while my mom asks her a million questions. She sits and nods her head or says "uh, huh" or "no" . My poor mom may be on call around 2:00 and 9:00 for a while now. Actually today she made it all the way through the day without taking a nap and then crashed at 8:00 without a fuss. So, as much as I hate to say it, as long as she isn't grouchy, we may need to forgo the nap for a while and get her in the bed at a decent early hour once again.

We had a fun outing to the Huntsville Botanical Gardens this week with our friends, Lisa and Evan. Savannah had such a good time running around seeing the children's gardens, a train, dinosaurs on exhibit, and butterflies. I will have to post pictures after I've had a chance to go through them, because there are a ton! We may go back tomorrow with mom and Grandma Terry, and I may go ahead and get a year pass, so we can go whenever we want.

I've been working on several scrapbook related projects this week when I can get a chance. I have the June kit for Scrap4Life that I been working on. The papers are perfect for recent birthday and carousel pictures. I did these 2 hybrid projects for TreasurestoScrap I have been doing hybrid work for them for the past 2 months.

Used the May template and actually learned how to make a text path. I am slowly catching on to the digital way of doing things.

I just loved these pictures so much, I had to use them twice!

And I put the finishing touches on my Mother's Day gifts this week. Here is a picture of it. Mom, you will get yours tomorrow and Susan, Katie will bring yours home to you. =). Just thought you might enjoy a sneak peek to know that I actually did make you a Mother's Day gift. I have one started for myself, because I thought it would look lovely in my kitchen.

3 comments:

roree said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Hope you all have a safe trip. I am from PA, and wish I was heading up that way too. (Not until Christmas, though.) Enjoy yourself!

Unknown said...

Great pictures (I would have done them twice too) - actually I do that a lot :) but I am sure you have noticed. So don't forget to visit June 1st (unless I slip up at S4L before then)
Take care
Kazan

Amanda L. said...

have a blast on your trip.....my son would love Sesame Place...hope you have fun!!!