Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our Weekend

We've had a pretty good weekend so far. I would be nice if Jonathan had a normal job that gets the day off tomorrow for Memorial Day! Alas, he will finally get some time off next week.

Friday, Savannah and I walked across the street to Publix to get a few things to cook dinner. I was in the mood to cook something different. I couldn't come up with anything original, so I made a favorite classic of Grandma Sauter's, cheeseburger sloppy joe pie. I rented and watched 27 Dresses. I thought it was a cute movie.

Saturday we took it easy around the house, didn't do too much. Sat evening we all went to Decatur. I took some pictures of a family at Delano Park and Savannah ran around and played. Afterward we went over to the Alabama Jubilee and saw the hot air balloons light up. We didn't say long, but we got to see some pretty balloons.

I know she isn't smiling, but doesn't she look like such a big girl in this picture!




A look of awe captured with the light of the fire of the hot air balloon.

Norm Webb, our preacher, gave us a great lesson at church tonight. On Sunday nights he has been delivering lessons on things we can learn from biblical cities. He has had the opportunity to travel twice in the past month to the Isreal/Holy Land region and to Turkey/Greece. You can read about his travels here and here. Tonight's sermon was on lessons Jesus taught from ordinary objects that he would have encountered daily. I love having visual pictures to help understand concepts.

Savannah and I are enjoying the other movie I rented, The Game Plan. Jonathan didn't care to watch it, but Savannah has been glued to it with me.

1 comment: