Thursday, May 22, 2008

Her First Modeling Gig

Today Savannah had the opportunity to model a dress design that will be featured in a well known sewing magazine. I believe the magazine will not appear in print till sometime next year. Paige Alexander, a lady from church, has inspired me to try sewing some simple dresses for Savannah. She recently started selling her own patterns Pintucks & Petticoats. I love the story behind her designs and that her daughter, Brooke drew the artwork for the packaging.

Here are a couple of shots I got over the shoulder of the professional photographer doing the shoot. I would have loved to stay all day and watch and learn from her. She had all kinds of Pro gear on hand!




Of course we had to stay see the fish in the ponds and play in the garden where the pictures were being taken.

3 comments:

jenney said...

Love that last picture!!

You'll have to let us know when the magazine comes out. Congratulations!!!

lucysinspired said...

Oh Elizabeth, is it Sew Beautiful? I have tons of those from the 80s. My aunt loved to sew and smock and she was a collector. When I had Emma she gave me all of her stuff! I love looking through them. My mom was in a couple of them! That's so cool to be in a mag!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's so cute!