Monday, May 5, 2008

She Likes it Hot

Today in honor of Cinco de Mayo I made some fresh salsa. Kathryn had talked about making some a few weeks ago, and then Andrea posted some pictures of some yummy salsa on her blog that made me want to try making some of my own. After realizing you can just throw everything in the blender and push the button, I'm not so intimidated any more. =) It really does taste better than you buy at the store too. I love cilantro, so I put A LOT in it, hence the ugly green cast. I kinda figure, it is one of those things you can't really mess up. As I was tasting some with a scoop chip, of course Savannah wanted a chip and then she wanted her chip dipped also. I wasn't sure if it would be too spicy for her, but she seemed to really like it. She just recently discovered the world or dipping you food in sauces. I guess I held out as long as I could with ketchup. HAHA



Here is another picture from today. I find it amusing that Savannah has to go and get her sunglasses and purse to hold while playing on the sandbox on the porch. Everyday that pink purse makes its way outside.

2 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Oooh! The salsa looks good! I'm a big cilantro fan too.

Love the sunglasses & purse. We see a lot of that around here too!

Katie said...

That's the funniest picture I've seen in a long time! Typical Savannah.