Jonathan and I have been debating converting her crib to toddler bed for a while now. It wasn't that she had really attempted to climb out or disliked her crib, but we just thought it would be something good to get her use to. So, Friday night we unscrewed the front rail from the crib. It was almost an emotional moment for me. She went along with the hype we placed on her "Big Girl" bed and went to bed without any fuss. Come 1:30 in the morning, we hear her crying out and trying to open our door. She acted scared and refused to be put back in her bed, so she ended up in our bed.


This morning I was able to get out and go to some garage sales. It has been a long time since I've been to many garage sales. I've missed a lot of good neighborhood sales in the past month or so. So at the first stop I was able to find a slide in bed guard rail for $1.50. Hopefully that will keep her from rolling the short distance to the floor, or climbing out. It is probably best to make a slow transition from the "cage". She did well with her nap this afternoon, and went to bed well tonight, so hopefully she will make it through the night tonight.
I was able to stop at a good many garage sales within one neighborhood today. I got a bunch of cute play clothes for $.25 and some new books for $.25--hopefully we can save for the car ride on our upcoming trip. I didn't spend more than $10, and came home with an armload of stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment