Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Waiting Game


I'm at 36 weeks this week and now it is down to the waiting game. My belly is growing everyday, but I am still not overbearingly huge, so I don't anticipate a large baby to deliver; which is good news. Today my doctor said I have started to progress and the cervix is ready to deliver at any point. She thought maybe just 2 more weeks. She said we could go ahead and schedule and induction date for the week of March 9-13. So that means I could potentially pick out Sarah Beth's birthday. Here are my thoughts on upcoming numbers... Friday, 03/06/09 would make an easy and fun date to remember. We liked having Savannah on a Friday. Then of course the next Friday is the 13th. 03/13/09. Would that be unlucky? If she held out till the next week we could have a lucky St. Patrick's Day baby on 03/17/09.

We had an induction scheduled with Savannah on Mon, April 24 and she came on her own Friday, April 21 (9 days early) So I really do anticipate Sarah Beth coming early.

How many of you all got to "pick" your baby's birthday, or did you just wait and let them come when they were ready?

7 comments:

Andrea S. said...

I'm a firm believer in waiting until the baby and your body decides that it's time.

I've heard too many horror stories about induction leading to more interventions than might have been necessary.

But...then Ayla came on her own, two weeks early and I didn't use any drugs. So, since I had a good experience with it the first time, I'm trusting my body to let me know when it's ready this time too.

gimmegodiva said...

Hannah was induced because she was a week late! And she weighed 8 lbs 12 oz! It was time for her to come! Her birthday is March 13th.... so I will vote for that one!

Leah said...

I had Abigail on Friday the 13th and it turned out to be a very LUCKY day! I had a window in my uterus and if it had been any later it could have been a very bad situation. So Friday the 13th is a lucky day for us!

KariAnnS said...

Our anniversary is 9.6.3 so I think 3.6.9 is a good day. I had a repeat C/S with Scout scheduled for 9.14.07 but she came on her own on 9.5.07 :) What will be will be! Good luck!!

Natalie said...

I was induced with Katie only because I was in so much pain, I could barely walk. I wish I could have waited, though. To me, there's something special about the excitement of it happening on it's own.

Just call me "B" said...

Both of mine were very early due to my duplicate system!

I went into pre-term labor with both! Mas at 32 weeks (delivered him at 36) and then with Chap at 28 weeks and delivered him at 33.5 weeks. So, needless to say, they picked their own birthdays, and I like it!

Hang in there, girlie, enjoy these last few days with that sweet baby moving in there.........and get some rest so you can enjoy her!

Paige said...

I had Walt with a scheduled c-section at 36 weeks due to my placenta previa complications. I so wanted to just get to go into labor but no such luck. We got to choose his birthdate and I wanted to have him on an "even" day but they were so busy I would have had to wait an extra day so he was born 7/19/07.