Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thanks for the Coupons Dad

I had a good time in Birmingham for a few days this weekend.  Jonathan had to be in Atlanta for a day, so it was a good time for Savannah and I to go see the Grandma's.  She was so excited to get to go to Birmingham, and then was not ready to leave.  I think everyone was on pins and needles afraid that I might go into labor while in B'ham.  I'm pretty sure I had some random contraction moments on Fri and Sat.  

Thanks dad for saving your extra coupons for me.  I told you I would put them to good use.   I was able to stock up on some items and put a coupon with most every product I bought today.  My total with tax came to $32.31 and I saved $80.38 on this trip.  It definitely helps to plan ahead! Oh, and I will get a $10 Publix gift card for purchasing 15 Pillsbury and Green Giant items. 

I have recently learned about the wealth of information and free coupons on the internet!  While it can be time consuming, it does pay off.  Some of my favorite new sites are Deal Seeking Mom, Freebies 4 Mom, and  Southern Savers .  These are sites you will want to check out and bookmark to come back to often.  I have racked up on free stuff in the past 2 months since I learned about them.  



Check out all the products I was able to buy last week at CVS for about $2.00, using coupons and Extra Bucks, and I still have $6 left in Extra Bucks.  I love playing their little games.


Does anyone else like to collect coupons and play the grocery store savings games? I know my Dad and Grandmother have taught me well. =) If you would like to learn more about saving money feel free to ask.

5 comments:

jenney said...

Thanks for the weblinks!!

My hubby is all into coupons and sales ads. I tease him mercilessly about stocking up on stuff when it's really cheap. =)

I do have a question about photography stuff. I'll send you an e-mail though. =)

Deanna said...

I'm addicted to the grocery game now, and cringe when I have to pay full price for something! LOL! Hey--you may also want to check babycheapskate.blogspot.com. She does more baby deals, but does a weekly post on the cheapest diapers, formula, clothing sales, etc. I sub to her blog too! Happy shopping! :D

Just call me "B" said...

Ok, I love the CVS, and I love the Walgreens.....do you do the Walgreens Register Rewards, and rebates? Those are good ones, too!

The Langfords said...

Great Job!! Saving Money is SO MUCH FUN!! I have been hooked on couponing since I started at the first of the year and could not imagine paying full price for groceries ever again. It is a lifestyle change.

Natalie said...

Hey, thanks for the links. I looked at Southern Shopper and noticed something I didn't know you could do. I didn't realize that you could use multiple copies of the same coupon. For example, if you bought 5 cans of soup, and had a coupon for each can, the store would accept all 5? Have you ever tried this?