Monday, February 2, 2009

The Completed Nursery

I finally got around to taking pictures of everything in place in Sarah Beth's nursery. It was nice being able to use all of Savannah's old furniture and bedding to pull this all together. I did find the cute birdie crib sheet at Target not too long ago that I added to the bed.

I had plans to paint a pink scallop border along the top of the room, thinking I would have to draw it off with a template. When we got up close to the ceiling we noticed there used to be a scalloped wallpaper border that had been painted over. So, I just used it as a guide to paint the pink base layer and then went back with a small paintbrush and painted the black line and then the white line. Yes, the outlining was a little tedious!



Found these white frames in pack of 3 for $2.50 at Target in Dollar section, they even had the black ribbon attached. Cut the Urban Prairie paper down to 4x4 squares. Found a font I liked and printed it out to use as a template to trace letters on black cardstock. Outlined letters in white and glued down. Pretty simple. I may cut out a little butterfly or flower to cover up the hooks.

So far Savannah has been ok with the rocking chair leaving her room.

2 pink gingham panel curtains I picked up for like $1 at a garage sale a while back.

Black mirror I had gotten on clearance for $5 at Michael's. Ended back with it from a family dirty santa game and found a home for it on top of this shelf. I'm thinking about making some flowers to add on top of the shelf. Slightly wrinkled from pulling out of a box, this is the outfit Savannah came home from the hospital in. I will probably use it again.

Wall art I made hanging inside white frame. One of the butterflies was falling off in the process of taking the picture, so I need to tack it back up.


Cute pig chair I got at Kid's market last Spring....for taking pictures of course. =)

I didn't take a picture of the last wall for some reason. It has an empty long white shelf on the wall with a small bookshelf below. We took a yellow bookshelf out of the playroom and painted it black to match the room better.

I've got a few more projects I would like to get done when I get a chance like recovering the cheap lampshade, and making some small framed wall art that will hang from the long white shelf. It can always be done later though. =)

4 comments:

Andrea S. said...

It looks beautiful! I love the scalloped border...how lucky that you found that it was already there and you could just trace it! Too cool. Such a pretty crib too!

Lisa said...

oh goodness - it's beautiful!!! I love the scallops!! the colors are so pretty!!

jenney said...

Her room looks great!! I saw those frames at Target today and was tempted to buy them. Do they have hangers on the back?

**Nancy** said...

oh my, girlie!!! This room is gorgeous!!!! i love the colors!!!! That pig chair is way too cute!!! And I love the frames from Target...I may have to check it out!!! My girls would love them!!!