Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It is all in the Light

Who is ready for another photography class? I will be teaching the 2nd class in a series at ScrapEtc this weekend, Feb 21, at 10:00.

The cost of the class is $20 and you can call and sign up with ScrapEtc at 205-985-9323

"Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography." - George Eastman

In this session we will discuss the effect light plays on the photographs you take. Learn ways to pose or capture your subject in the "right" light for the most flattering exposure. We will discuss ISO; how to change the setting on camera and how it influences the lighting of a picture. Learn when to use the flash and when not to. Have you ever had a picture turn out with yellow or red tint to it? Learn how the color of light can effect your picture quality. I'll show you how knowing when to change your white balance setting can give you better results.

Since no one gets properly exposed pictures 100% of the time, I will give you a few tips on post processing that will make you love your pictures more.

Elizabeth and Amy are neither "Trained Professional", but we want to share with you how we learned, using the same cameras many of you own, to get Professional results.

Items to bring to class:
Camera(s) and lenses that you use
Camera manuals
Burning questions you would like to ask the "experts"

Upcoming Classes will include
February--Lighting with Elizabeth (Point and shoot & DSLR)
March--Manual modes with Amy (DSLR)
April--Manual modes with Amy (DSLR)


If you do sign up, leave me a comment, so I will know that you are coming!


While I'm talking about ScrapEtc...How would you like to go to the ScrapEtc Event in Atlanta this year for free?? Go check out Margie Romney-Aslett's blog and Melodee Langworthy's blog for a chance at this incredible deal. These are 2 of the incredible teachers lined up for this weekend event.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I thought I commented on your last post, but I guess I haven't yet....I'm partial to Friday the 13th! Jana and I were both born on Friday the 13th, so it wasn't unlucky for my parents. Also, i hope Savannah is feeling better! Hopefully we can get the girls together soon!