Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine's with Scrap Etc. Scripts Kit

I was beside myself to see the beautiful damask paper by GCD studios in the Scripts kit that matched perfectly with the Valentine photo session I did with my daughter. I attached 2 of the Valentine cards that I designed this year. The stitched pink heart layers were inspired by the applique that was on the side of the red dress.


Speaking of Valentine layouts....

The Valentine layout that I made for Savannah last year is published in the February edition of Scrapbook Trends Magazine! I found out about this last Sept, and have been anxiously awaiting seeing my 1st layout in print. While I was in Michael's last week, I saw the lady putting them out on the shelf and had to flip through it. To my surprise, I open up the front and see the Editor's page with my layout featured at the bottom of the page.

Of course I turned to page 65 and saw this.

It almost made me cry to see my baby in print for the first time!

February seems like a good month, maybe I should consider submitting this year's Val page when the time comes. =)

8 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Thats great! I'll pick up a magazine if I see it. You did a great job. Hope to see ya'll soon.

Katie said...

Congratulations!! You should definitely submit this year's pictures :-)

Lisa said...

wow - congrats elizabeth! that is awesome!!!

jenney said...

Congratulations!!! How fun to see your layout in a magazine!

Just call me "B" said...

You should be so proud!!!

I am hoping that Scrap ETC. gets the magazines in soon!

A Gilmore Girls Fan said...

Hello there!

I found you through an old blog makeover giveaway entry. I noticed that you did not win. I am a custom blog designer, and I am offering a super sale on complete blog makeovers featuring the whole shebang (anything you want). If you sign up before the 20th of this month, it will only cost you a mere $25.50. If you get someone else to sign up, it will only cost you $20.

Please check out my portfolio at SubjectiveBeauty.com and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my services or work at webmaster@subjectivebeauty.com.

I should also add, that you do not pay until you are 100% satisfied with your design. I rework designs as many times as needed to please the customer.

I'd love to design a special blog for you :o)

Leah said...

Congrats on the pub!! It's an adorable page! And so is the one you did this year!

Linh C. said...

Don't know why your layouts haven't been published before now...your layouts and photos are always the best! Can't wait to see more "Elizabeth Bailey" in magazines. :)