Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Sea of Yellow

A couple of weeks ago, Savannah and I met some ladies from church in Athens for lunch. I had my camera with me and while walking back to the car, Savannah decided she wanted to run and play in the grassy area outside the courthouse. I don't think I even had the camera out and she asked me to take her picture! I honestly do not think this has ever happened or may never happen again. So, this smile is on her own doing. I got some other cute expressions too.


While we were at lunch, a lady told me about a huge sunflower field just outside of Athens, so I thought we might as well go check it out while we were so close. I remember her saying something about a fork in the road, but apparently I took the wrong fork and I'm pretty sure we had to have been in TN by the point I decided to turn around. After driving back, feeling a little frusterated with myself I decided I better turn down the other fork and see if I could find it. Sure enough the sunflower fields couldn't be missed. There must have been hundreds of acres on several families' property of huge sunflowers all pointing their heads toward the sun. Looking at the flowers from behind, it looked as if they were bowing down to the sun. I parked and we got out and walked around looking at them. I got some pretty pictures, and could have gotten a ton more if I wasn't worried about Savannah running off into the field, etc. So here is a glimpse at what we saw.




I love the little blotch of pink among the sea of yellow.

Ah, it brought back memories of my sunflower obsession phase in high school. My room was very eloboratly decorated with the best sunflower decor, that was so popular at the time.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

love the sunflowers. My mom turned my room into a sunflower guest room when i moved to mobile. my kitchen in our first apartment was all sunflowers! they're such happy flowers!! great shots!

Jamie said...

Gotta love it that she actually wanted you to take her picture.

Love all those sunflowers. Think you could remember the directions?

Amanda L. said...

OMG......sunflowers are my favorite...love your photos!