Then she is going to want water dumped into the water table...
She will want to come back and forth into the house half a dozen times...
Each time a new fly makes itself at home in the house...
If she plays on the back porch long enough she is going to see the swing and want to go swing...
While in the yard she is going to see the blackberries growing along the back fence...
When she comes back onto the porch, she is going to see her orange bucket in the sand box...
Then she will want to pick blackberries...
If you let her pick blackberries...
She will want me to wash them...
Then she will want to eat then ALL!
That pretty much sums up our mornings the past 2 weeks. Gotta love a 2 year old and the routines they crave.



You must stop and count how many you have gathered

Last week I noticed red berries growing along the back fence. Actually there are huge bushes behind the fence that are just creeping through. At first I thought they were raspberries, then a few days later I realized they were actually wild blackberries as they began to plump and change colors. They are quite pretty. With the small harvest we have collected, that Savannah hasn't eaten I plan to make a blackberry cobbler tomorrow with. They are pretty tart, so I'm thinking a little sugar will do them good. =) While it has been fun picking our little surprise crop, I think I have been picking up flea bites in the oddest places as I venture to the fence.
4 comments:
LOL Sounds like you've been reading alot of Laura Numeroff's books! As long as Savannah's having fun, right? LOL
Love the blackberries pic...she would make "G" proud:)
I hope your story is going on a layout - that would be adorable. We have all the Laura Numeroff's books - love them!!
Yes, you have got to love little kids and their routines.
Sometimes I can already predict what mine will do before they even think about it. :)
Post a Comment