Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our 4th Weekend

Thursday evening we had some family over for dinner. The NY Baileys were in town, so we had my parents, Aunt, and the Terrys over so they could visit with their old friends. I had enough blackberries for about half of a cobbler, so I added some frozen ones with it.


Friday Jonathan had to work half the day. Savannah and I just hung out around the house. She got her toe nails painted bright red and we had a picnic on the front porch. We didn't have an real plans for this day. Since it was the 4th I thought we should eat hamburgers for dinner. We ended up going to 5 Guys restaurant for yummy hamburgers and fries. Then we drove over to get a spot to watch the fireworks at Bridge Street. Savannah acted like she wanted to see the fireworks. She liked them when they randomly shot from a distance, but then when our actually show started, it was really LOUD and she buried her head in Jonathan's shoulder the whole time. We were pretty close to the action. I took the tripod and got to practice getting fireworks pictures using the rules I posted. See some shots below.


My attempt to get a 4th of July pose with the flag in the background


Enjoying our picnic on the front porch


41mm; f/7.1; 10 sec; 100iso


30mm; f/5.0; 6 sec; 100iso


30mm; f/5.0; 1 sec; 100iso


28mm; f/8.0; 20 sec; 100iso

Saturday we headed over to the Terry's after lunch. Paula was planning a welcome home Clay and Wesley and Happy 60th Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa celebration for that evening. While there I had mini photo sessions with Grandma and Grandpa, the Baggetts, and Baby Levi. I cooked these Apple Dumplings to take, thanks to Monique's rave about them. I did feel a little guilty putting that much butter and sugar into one recipe...but they sure did taste good.


There is nothing more American than being spoon feed apple pie. =)


Not sure what caused this face, but I think it is funny


Savannah walked around lapping with her tongue homemade ice cream from this cup

Sunday Jonathan and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. We didn't really do anything big this year. We talked about wanting to go somewhere for the weekend, but it just didn't work out. Instead we bought each other new goose down feather pillows. We had slept on some on our vacation and fell in love with them. I've slept good the past few nights. =)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun 4th.

We went to see those fireworks too!