Monday, July 21, 2008

One Busy Week!

Last Sunday night Savannah and I drove down to Birmingham after church. We were coming to stay most of the week because I had 4 photography sessions lined up in the area. That meant lots of play time with Grandmothers, cousin, and aunt. Monday I went to my friend, Julie's house to take pictures of her new baby, Jackson. I had told her that I would take newborn pictures, but by the time we could get together he was 8 weeks old. That's ok, because he was able to smile and stay awake for a while. Jackson was such a sweetheart and his big sister loves him so much. Later that afternoon, Savannah got to go down to the Bailey's. I met up with Monique for a while and then we headed out to Montevallo to take pictures of her 2 girls. Ever since going out there for Katie's graduation, I knew I wanted to try taking some pictures in that pretty campus setting. It was fun working with older kids that can pose and smile on command, or until they get tired. =)

Tuesday Savannah and I met up with Andrea and Ayla at the Hoover Library for the Roger Day sing along. Savannah was not acting like herself this day. I think the crowds might have intimidated her? She loves to sing songs at home, but she did really seem amused with the songs Roger was singing. I thought they were pretty cute though! We went back to the Steed's for lunch and a playdate. I should have known Savannah was acting tired, because her true colors quickly came out. Poor Ayla didn't know what to think of someone wanting to take her babydoll, purse, and stroller away from her. I enjoyed getting to see all Andreas' recent cool projects and some of her organizational techniques. Tuesday afternoon I went and got my hair cut. I realized I tend to get my hair trimmed/cut twice a year and it was definitely that time again! Every person that has ever cut my hair gawks at how thick it is, but this was the first person that offered to thin it out. What a cool concept. I'm not sure if I can really tell any thickness is missing, but I'll take lighter hair any day.

Wednesday I headed back out 280 to photograph Rob and Addison Howard at their home. I was able to get some really good light in their den with my set up. They had the cutest homemade outfits their grandmother had made from them. I got some great individual shots, but putting the 2 of them together was a little more challenging.

Thursday I met up with Misty at Mt. Laurel to photograph David for his 2 yr old pictures. While David explored and had fun walking around, I was able to catch smiles. We also planned to photograph 3 month old, Tommy, back at Misty's parent's house in Chelsea. On the way back we stopped at the railroad tracks in Chelsea and I was able to get some little boy train pictures that I've been wanting to try. I think these turned out to be some of my favorite! After rearranging the living room, we got things set up for Tommy. I can't get over how much he has grown since we saw him a month ago! He was a great happy subject for me. Once again we had fun trying to get a 2 yr old to sit still next to his baby brother. It's a good thing I know how to cut and paste in Photoshop, because I ended up with several good group shots. =) I decided to head on back to Madison later that afternoon instead of waiting till Friday. I hated to miss more of the Gospel Meeting at church than I had already missed that week. We made it just in time for the service. Carl McMurray delivered some great lessons on "Getting to Know God." I'll have to go back and listen to the lessons I missed. So applicable for everyone!

Friday I started going through my mass of pictures and start the editing process. I think Savannah was bored to be home again after a week of constant entertainment from family.

Saturday night we took Savannah to the Kiddie Carnival in Athens. Apparently this is something the Lion's club has put on since the 1950's, and the rides have changed must since then. It is pretty cheap to ride the rides and we thought it might be something Savannah would enjoy. Several of the rides that took her up in the air she wasn't too happy about, but she seemed to love the small scale roller coaster that went in a circle and hand's down her favorite was the yellow train that we actually had to wait in line for. It's not Sesame Place or "Elmo's House," as she still says she wants to go there, but it was a fun outing.

Sunday Savannah woke up with a runny diaper that had leaked all over the bed. After having several similar diapers on Sat, we thought we should keep her home from church just in case she had a virus. During my time at home, I was quite productive cleaning and doing loads of laundry. I even cooked barbecue pizza and fried zucchini. I hardly ever cook lunch on Sunday. I guess I felt guilty staying home that I thought I should use my time wisely. Since Savannah has not been wanting to sleep in her crib turned toddler bed lately we went ahead and disassembled it and moved in my old twin bed for her to use. She thought it was fun watching the moving process and the cool part is that it is a water bed. There are 5 tubes that you fill up with water that go inside of the mattress. When you ask her what is in her bed, she will tell you "water!" So far, I think she is proud of it and will sleep a little better in it.

I will have some sneak peaks of the recent photo sessions soon!

No comments: