Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Savannah Has an Announcement to Make



Yes, whether Savannah realizes it or not she is going to be a big sister in March. She does like to wear her new pink shirt that I made her, and she has done quite well showing it off to family, but hasn't let me get the cute pictures I was hoping for. After looking through Target and not finding a "Big Sister" shirt, I thought it would be a good time to try to make my own. Lettering was probably not the easiest thing to first try reverse applique with, but it was fun to make.

We went to the doctor today for my first checkup. Everything looked like it should and we confirmed that that there is just one baby growing in there. The due date is March 19, 2009. I am at 7 weeks right now and have been feeling pretty good without any nausea or unbearable tiredness. The doctor said it usually kicks in at 8 weeks; what a way to spoil my positive outlook. =) I was pretty healthy with my first pregnancy, so let's hope that repeats itself.
Here is a blurry glimpse at our little peanut.


Last week I entered the Ultimate Summer Challenge, Interview a Family Member, at ScrapbooksEtc. I thought it was appropriate to record mine and Jonathan's initial reactions to finding out that I was pregnant. I didn't make it into the top 10, so I suppose I can post it here now. I do have another layout entered this week.


Happy News, my "If" layout made it to the slideshow at OLW last week. =)

12 comments:

Erica said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful news! I know that you are excited and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Lelia said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

jenney said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth (and hubby and Savannah)!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Andrea S. said...

Congratulations! LOVE the shirt! You did a great job on it! :)

Linh C. said...

Great news!

Deanna said...

that's wonderful Elizabeth!!! Congratulations! Hope your pregnancy continues to go well!

Lisa said...

WOW ~ Congrats. That's fantastic news. Love the layout about it too! And the shirt is adorable!!

Adrienne said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Hooray!!!! So happy for you all! March 19th is great. You could have it on my anniversary! :-) Congratulations.

**Nancy** said...

Congratulations!!!! I love the shirt!!!

lucysinspired said...

that's super news Elizabeth! Congrats!

Lisa Watson said...

Congrats!!! She looks very cute in the shirt too!!