Friday, February 29, 2008

Catching Up

It has been so long since I've updated my pictures it is kind of a daunting task now. I've actually been uninspired several days in the past few weeks and have been unable to take pictures, so I will just have to make up with extras from another day. I'll start with a few at a time, may take several days to get caught up.

Feb 17 Day 48

1/50; f/1.4; 50mm 250iso
I brought this little wooden table down from the playroom the other day to the kitchen. This has become Savannah's new home. I think we have graduated from the high chair. She loves having her own plate/bowl to eat at her little table. The only problem is that she can't sit still while she eats and is up and down, up and down. As if she didn't graze enough before now. This isn't a good picture, but it is what I was able to get this day.

Feb 18 Day 49

1/1000; f/6.3; 50mm; 100iso
It was a cold week, but we needed a break out of the house. Took Savannah for a walk, and actually let her walk/run instead of riding in the stroller. She loved running down the sidewalks. She even took to wearing the hat to cover her ears from the wind.

Feb 19 Day 50

1/20; f/5.0; 190mm; 200iso shot on RAW

1/400; f/4.0; 119mm; 200iso shot on RAW
Took some pictures this night of the almost full moon as it was rising over our backyard. I noticed how pretty the moon illuminated the stalky trees in the swamp. The only thing missing is a big eyed owl. HAHA. I did learn how to create different effects when shooting pictures of the moon. If you want to show the glow of the moon, shoot with a slower shutter speed and if you want to clearly see the details of the moon, shoot with a fast shutter speed. Technical thing I knew, but fun putting it into practice and seeing the difference!
I do have a strange fascination with the moon, that my daughter has inherited. Any time it is dark out, Savannah is searching for the moon, and sometimes even during the day. I love to gawk at the moon as it is a huge ball low in the horizon and gives off an orange glow. In college I had to do a moon book project where I had to watch the sky at the same time each night and sketch and write down observations that I discovered. Other than learning that the phases of the moon in elementary school, I guess before that I never stopped to think that is rises from the East and sets in the West just like the sun. Unlike the sun, it rises an hour later each night. At certain points it can only be seen during the day hours and not at all at night. Anyway it is fun to watch for it when you know at what point it should be in the sky based on the time.

Feb 20 Day 51

Did a little on location photo shoot of a friend of J's daughter. It was fun chasing her around trying to capture her in a still moment. It wasn't until I stuck her in the planter that she would sit still and smile. I did manage to get like 25 pictures that I thought captured her personality in different ways, but I like this one the best for some reason.

Feb 21 Day 52

1/50; f/1.4; 50mm; 200iso
We finally have think enough hair for piggy tales!!! I thought they were too cute. Surprisingly, Savannah will sit still to let me do it, b/c she likes to have a "bow" in her hair. ;)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Piggy tails- OH MY! Can't wait to see that in person :-)