We are going to be making an altered ivy vase that can be used to hold candy treats, or for flowers.
Here are the supplies I will be using

Directions:
1. Cut out desired sets of flowers from a floral patterned paper. Digital/Hybrid--you can print out a digital paper and cut out the flowers.
2. Choose a swirly/viney stamp and decide on where to place it. I found that the clear stamps work well because they are bendable and able to form to the round shape of the vase. Ink it with Stazon ink, do not mount on acrylic block, because you need to be able to bend it. If you do not have Stazon ink, you will need to use some other permanent ink.
This is what my vase looked like at this point.

3. Paint Mod Podge on the back of the cut out flowers and adhere around your vase. I used 3 bunches of flowers. I went ahead and painted a coat of Mod Podge on top of the whole vase to protect the flowers.
4. Tie a coordinating ribbon around the top rim.
5. Add any extra embellishment on top. I added paper covered HS chipboard butterflies, you might also add fabric flowers on top to add dimension.
Final product used as a candy dish

Final product used as a vase
3 comments:
That is so cute, Elizabeth!!
Cute vases. I think I'll make these for Teacher Appreciation Day! Thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks for a fun project. I may still go get a vase and do it the right way...yours is so cute!
Post a Comment