Friday, July 17, 2009

Look What We Did This Week...


Sarah Beth has been hanging out with me this week in a quiet house. Savannah got to spend most of the week at Grandma Sauter's house. We went for her 4 month checkup on Tuesday, and she is still a petite 12 lbs. 2 oz. That's quite alright with me, since it makes it easier to tote her around. On Wednesday I thought we would give cereal a try. So I mixed it up to a watery consistency like they tell you to do the 1st time. Took her a minute to get use to the spoon, but then she was reaching for it. I think more was running out her mouth than I was putting in. I guess the first day is more about getting use to the spoon going in the mouth. The second day I thought I would be smart and not make quite the mess, so I put the big bib on her. The bib was quickly saturated and she wanted to eat it! With what was left of the liquid cereal in the bowl I thickened it up and she was able to swallow it when I put it in her mouth. So, today, day 3 I made it thicker from the beginning and she did a pretty good job keeping it in her mouth and swallowing, and we didn't make quite the mess. My baby is growing up, and as you can tell she certainly enjoyed this new experience!

3 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Well, those are probably the best "eating" pictures I've ever seen. How'd you manage that? She's adorable! And looks so happy!

Susan said...

"And you want me to do WHAT with this stuff"?...Love her smiles:)
Looks like she's having so much fun!

jenney said...

Aw, she's getting so big!! Adorable photos!