Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kid's Market Finds

I decided this year to work at the big local Kid's Market, with the advantage of getting to shop the sale before the contributors and public. Kinda sad that we are still about a month away from finding out what our little one will be, so I couldn't shop for any goodies for him/her. So anyway I got to shop this past Tuesday night. There must have been about 150 workers shopping amongst a jam packed warehouse of STUFF. It was an enjoyable evening and I could take me time looking through each section, of course not seeing everything. Went through and pulled out a pile of fall/winter clothes for Savannah, mostly 3t stuff, lots of Gymboree, which is oh so cute. I realized I have more fun looking for dressier clothes than for play clothes. Also anything striped loves to jump into my hands. Found a few toys to save for Christmas, but it was harder to look through all the toys. Got some great finds for photography sessions...a snowman chair for $2, a pink Pottery Barn pig for taking newborn girl pictures, a pink tutu, some huge Gerbera daisy flowers that everyone was coveting as I carried them around, and a few cute hats. I broke down and purchased a new umbrella stoller, which as soon as I pushed it around, I knew I had to have it. It is a really expensive brand, so I thought it should be durable and last a while. Our other one is tearing up anyway, and it was given to us. I thought about looking at double strollers, but I just don't know if I really want one or not? It just seems like more bulk and trouble than its worth? I'll have to get lots of opinions from other moms with 2 on this one. My final stop was to the Maternity section. I don't need a ton of stuff this time, since I was pregnant during the same time of year last year, but a lot of my stuff is more dressy, since I was working then. I could really use some comfortable long sleeve t-shirts and maybe jeans or something to wear around the house all the time. I was pretty proud of the cute shirts/sweaters I was able to find for most $2 and $3. Probably spent close to $20 for all the stuff in the picture below.


The next day, Savannah promptly found the clothes basket of goodies and got excited about what she saw. I had to quickly put away the bags of My Little Ponies that I had gotten her for Christmas. She did allow me dress her up in several outfits, including her Bumble Bee Halloween costume.







The cute chairs I found


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Those chairs are adorable - but the Bumble Bee and Tutu are the best!! How cute!!

Leah said...

You did really good! love that tutu on your daughter and that pig chair is gonna be absolutely ADORABLE for newborn girl pictures!