
We celebrated Savannah's 2nd birthday with the family on Saturday. All the family was not able to be here. Savannah missed her aunt Katie and aunt Kathryn and cousin Rebecca, and then PopPop wasn't here either. We were happy that Great Grandma Sauter was able to come up to our house for the first time, and Great Grandma and Grandpa Terry were able to come over. Since Savannah is all about Elmo right now, I made her an Elmo cake which I think she loved. I took the easy way route and just used a knife to decorate the cake, instead of pulling out the piping bag and tips. For a while I thought it was just going to have to be a pink Elmo, as it is not easy to get true red icing. I know that Savannah enjoying having a day all about her and getting lots of attention. She knew right what to do when given presents to open. She surprises me with how particular she is about opening cards and looking at them. She does really love it when there is money inside too. =). Jonathan and I gave her a baby doll that makes crying, burping, sucking sounds and a doll stroller that she has been wanting for at least 6 months now. Grandma and Grandpa Sauter gave her a sand/water table and a picnic table for outside. Grandmama and Granddaddy gave her some money, new pjs, and some kid's song Cd's. Aunt Katie sent her an Elmo backpack with a some play money inside. Aunt Kathryn sent her some treats and some Elmo panties.







A list of 20 Things about Savannah at 2
(I'm sure I could add to this list as I think of things)
1. 34 3/4 in Tall, 30 lbs 13 oz
2. Loves Elmo
3. Still likes to watch Baby Einstein videos
4. Likes to play with baby dolls
5. Loves to be outside, and always has to ring the doorbell when she comes in
6. Likes to play with neighbors Molly, Abby, and Evan
7. Loves to go to Bible class
8. Thinks every red truck is her Daddy's
9. Eats chicken, pizza, all fruit, crackers, juice boxes
10. Likes to eat at Chik-fil-A and "play"
11. Looks for Aunt Katie and likes to talk to her on the phone
12. Likes to see her picture on the camera after you take it
13. Can repeat most words if she wants to
14. Is putting phrases and sentences together
15. Can match picture to picture in books
16. Has to carry and fill up purses and bags all over the house and take them in the car
17. Takes at least a 2 hr nap each day
18. Will throw anything away, but doesn't like to pick up toys
19. Likes to lay down with Mommy and Daddy in their bed before going to bed in her crib
20. Phrases we hear all the time: "Sure", "Right Here", "I Want to Go Play"
Additional:
21. Sings ABC'S, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Jesus Love Me, Jesus love the Little Children
22. Can count to at least 5, then the numbers get all out of order (4,5,9, etc)
2 comments:
Sweet pictures - love the cake and the picture of her diving in!! So very cute!! Your list is fun!!
You did a great job on the cake! It looks like Savannah had a fun day- I'm sure everyone else enjoyed it too :-)
Can't wait to see y'all on Saturday!!
Post a Comment