My baby girl turned 2 on Monday! I felt really bad having been away from her the previous week, that I wanted to do something special just the 2 of us for her Bday. I must have sung "Happy Birthday" to her at least 10 times during the day, but I don't really think she completely understands what a birthday is yet. She can tell you that she is 2, but that has been her favorite number for a while now. I decided to take her to the Bridge Street shopping center to ride the carousel there. I thought she would love it! As soon as we walked up she got all excited seeing the bright carousel, so we purchased a token and got on. As soon as it started up she got scared and whimpered the whole time. After watching the carousel go around for another group, she acted like she wanted to ride again. So I thought I would give her another try. She choose to ride in the tea cup this time. Maybe she thought it was safer than going up and down? Once again, she got upset. Once it stopped, she was happy to pet and talk to the animals. I did manage to get some cute pictures though.
We are having her Birthday Party with the family here at the house on Saturday, so maybe it will feel more like a birthday with presents to open and an Elmo cake. I've got to brush the dust off my cake decorating kit, it's been a while since I've decorated a cake.
Savannah was excited to get a card in the mail today from her buddy, David Delk! It is funny how she knows when mail and cards are for her.


2 comments:
What to say... sounds like Santa all over again!
LOL Dylan does the same thing. He hates carousels!!!
Happy Birthday, Savannah!!!!
Post a Comment