Monday, April 7, 2008

New Design Team

For the month of March I participated in a design team selection process at Scrap4Life. Each week we were given a challenge topic to design a layout around. The competition started with around 50 ladies working for 3 spots on the team. I made it to the 4th week and I was so excited to find out that they decided to choose 6 new members instead of 3. I will be joining a local friend of mine, Jenney on this team.

Week 1
Use Bling--glitter, jewels, etc
Inspired by the salt on the popcorn in this picture, I used several glitter items.


Week 2
Use Transparencies
A page I started, but hadn't finished. I liked how it looked with several transparent elements.


Week 3
Design and use your own embellishments
I drew and cut out flowers to match the flowers in Savannah's dress.


Week 4
Use red, orange, yellow, green, blue and focus on journaling
After seeing these colors represented in these sunset pictures I took, I knew I had to use them. I tore various papers to layer for the background. I almost hated to cover up the background.


So on that note, I got my first box of goodies in the mail today that I get to work with. Look for some upcoming layouts featuring lots of Glitz Designs Definately some fun new papers! You can purchase some on sale here: Scrap4Life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth! I have been checking here every so often. I am so impressed with your work. I need to take some classes from you! I need someone to show me new stuff. I love your website too. Wish you lived closer. I have told myself that when I get to my goal weight I will have new pictures taken of Bradley and I. So far that hasn't happened. I don't want studio pictures either. Hope things are going well for you! :-)