Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sew Beautiful

Last year I mentioned that Savannah had been invited to model for a photo shoot for a friend of ours from church who had begun designing children's clothing patterns. Well that magazine has hit the shelf and Savannah can be found on page 55 modeling the the reversible dress pattern.

Over this past year I have become good friends with Mrs. Paige Alexander, the designer of the heirloom children's patterns. I have been working with her this past year to photograph the garments to be used as images on the cover of her patterns. It has been a fun project for me to help her with as I've added a vintage touch for her to each picture. She has recently added several new designs and has another in the works. Paige recently got her own website up and running and she is able to sell the patterns directly to the public. Check it out Pintucks and Pettiecoats. You can see the pattern photographs that I took on the main page.

Be on the lookout, Savannah could appear in the back to school issue later this year from a second photo shoot she participated in and rumor has it that Paige's Polly dress pattern will be a feature article in the next issue. This is huge exciting news for Paige!



It is funny to see this picture of Savannah now and how much she has grown and changed since last May. Her hair has definitely gotten longer since then.
You can see another example of the Emery outfit pattern here that my mother helped me sew for Savannah.

Just out of curiosity...
For those that read my blog; do any of you sew clothing for your children or do you have a friend, family member that sews for your children?

4 comments:

lucysinspired said...

Elizabeth! The pictures are adorable! I need a little girl to sew for. I really miss that. Especially seeing this photos and thinking there are new patterns out there. OH, if only I had the time! maybe one day! LOL. Hope you are doing well. We missed you at the event. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I do! It's slow going, though, being a busy working mom and all. (Know what I mean?) But I have a new pattern from Samantha Caffee I'm so excited about!

vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vicki said...

Elizabeth your girls are just beautiful. The pictures of Savannah in the magazine are adorable! It makes me want to pull my sewing machine out of retirement and get busy sewing again! Hope Caroline and Savannah can get together soon...with Jackson and Sara Beth tagging along behind them very soon!