Friday, January 9, 2009

The "H" Dilemma

Not sure if I have officially talked about our baby girl's name on my blog or not? Ever since we found out that we were officially having another girl, Jonathan and I have been leaning towards naming her Sarah Elizabeth and calling her Sarah Beth. This was actually our agreed upon second name in line after Savannah Marie. It was actually the song "Sarah Beth" by Rascal Flatts that we heard on the radio the first time we were pregnant that gave us the idea of the name. I never thought I would be a big one to name our children after ourselves, but it turns out my names seem to work well for middle names.

The thing that clinched the name for me was after asking Savannah one day what she thought we should name her baby sister. I told her, "What about Sarah Beth." Just hearing her repeat the name melted my heart, and I knew it was perfect. Of course she hasn't forgotten the name and for several months now, all she has talked about is, Sarah Beth this or that, and her baby sister.

The thing I can't decide for sure is whether to spell her name Sara Beth or Sarah Beth. I guess using the "h" would be more traditional and looks better with the whole name written out.

Today I started working on a wall canvas for Sara(h) Beth's room that I am very excited about. This will more than likely go above the changing table and be floating inside of an awesome white custom frame I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby the other day. I am using this color scheme and incorporating the bird and butterfly patterns. The walls will be painted an aqua blue color and I am contemplating painting a pink scallop border around the ceiling, outlined in black and white. This should give a fresh new look to Savannah's white baby furniture and pink bedding and accents.

Less than 10 weeks to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the canvas. not sure which way i would go with the 'h'. that is a dilemma.

jenney said...

I remember the first time Dylan said Jackson's name - so sweet!!!

Can't wait to see her room! I love the colors you're working with. =)

Linh C. said...

According to thinkbabynames.com:

The girl's name Sarah \s(a)-rah\ is pronounced SARE-ah. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "princess".

The girl's name Sara \s(a)-ra\ is a variant of Sarah (Hebrew), and the meaning of Sara is "princess".

Either way, Sara(h) Beth is such a cute name! :)

Julie said...

I just love the name! Either way you spell it, it will be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Savannah ends in an "H". So should Sarah.