Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crafty Christmas Gifts

Whether my family likes it or not, usually some of their gifts end up being something that I have made. For my sister Kathryn, I started her a simple scrapbook that she can add pictures to tell the story of her new home being built. Since she really hasn't done that much scrapbooking, I was hoping this would be a project we could get together and work on. My mom got a 14" x 18" framed cross-stitch that I have been working months on. I spent a lot of time in December finishing that one up. I thought I had taken a picture of it, but can't seem to find it. My favorite gift that I made was this 10" x 20" mounted picture, with black frame, that I made for my Mother-in-Law. The best part was that I could print one for myself too =) Luckily I was able to get the pictures of the all the letters in one afternoon with Savannah tagging along at a local outdoor shopping mall.
Now I just need to decide if I want to hang mine in my entrance way or above my bed in my room. It may look better in the entrance way on the opposite door frame to complement this alphabet art I did back in the Summer. Of course I got this idea originally from Andrea to get the letters from elements around the house.

4 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Oh! They both look great! Is the Bailey print one big image (including the patterned background) or is the patterned background a paper? I need to give that project another try I think.

Susan said...

I do love mine!! But, I haven't found that perfect place for it where everyone can see it who comes into our house:) Thanks again!!

jenney said...

Cool photo project!!

Erica said...

That is so creative and fun...I've been thinking about doing something like that, but haven't been brave enough yet!