Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A change in routine

The other night after supper I went out to run several errands that I needed to fit in this week, and realized how peaceful and easy it was to shop when it was just me in my own little world without a toddler distracting my thought process. I usually do most errands during the day, to give Savannah and I an excuse to get out the house. I can only imagine all my shopping endeavors will have to be at night in a few short months. I can't imagine accomplishing a whole lot with a baby in an infant carrier and a toddler wanting in and out of the buggy, begging to go to the bathroom in every store only to say she doesn't need to go when we get in there. Any moms out there have any advice for shopping with 2 little ones?

When I got home I found Jonathan and Savannah playing "football" in the den. They were tossing a soft ball back and forth and Savannah was having a great time. Nothing beats a little Daddy time!

2 comments:

Julie said...

My advice is to let them have "daddy time" sometimes to get some errands done quicker(the kids and daddy both love it)and sometimes take just one of them with you (that way each one gets one-on-one time with both you and daddy). When you need to take both, though, its always and adventure :-) I did Babies R Us yesterday with both kids....it was fun, although some random toys and snacks had mysteriously appeared in my basket when I got to the check out line and I think we knocked several items off the shelf along the way....:-)

jenney said...

My advice: do your errands at night! Preschool is also a very nice thing for the older child. LOL