Two weekends ago, I convinced Kathryn and Andrew to drive to Nashville with us. My main reason was to visit the
Opryland Hotel decorated for Christmas and get some Christmas pictures of the girls in their matching Christmas dresses. I had in my head pretty white smocked dressed canvases against a beautiful green background with flowing waterfalls. Come on, what little girl wouldn't want to get dressed up in a pretty dress and frolic among the greenery, stopping to pose with beautiful smiles. Well at least my niece,
Rebecca was happy to do that for me. =) The minute we walked into the massive hotel, amongst the crowds, Savannah started acting clingy and not herself. I'm sure she knew I was just out to take her picture. After giving up on the perfect picture in the atrium, we headed to find the kiddie train for the girls to ride. On the way there we saw a large tree that I was able to sit the girls down on some boxes and give them their free candy canes. Wow, they didn't move for at least 5 minutes. I was able to snap away. So, I didn't get the perfectly posed, naturally lit, blue eyes sparkling, picture I had envisioned of the girls in the atrium, but I was able to settle for them both looking in a picture that says , "Christmas." I was able to use this picture on my Mom's Christmas cards. Before Savannah
completely devoured her candy cane, Jonathan and I were able to sneak in next to her while Kathryn snapped pictures. Again not the best picture of Savannah, but I was able to settle with it for our family Christmas card. I was able to get the design done that night and ordered. I think I got them back and mailed off on Tuesday. I thought I was late getting them out, but later realized I wasn't. =)
We enjoyed our day trip with the Baggett's to Nashville. I think everyone enjoyed getting to see the Opryland Hotel and walk around Opry Mills for a little while.



5 comments:
The picture of Rebecca & Savannah is hilarious! You can just tell that they're up to no good.
You got some great pics anyway. =) Love your Christmas card!
Even though you didn't get your dream pictures, they still look beautiful!
Very cute! Love the dresses and the Christmas card!
Love the pictures! HOpe you had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment