We left the house a little after 3:00 on Friday afternoon. We stopped by the bank and waiting forever in line!! It was nearly 3:45 before we got on the road heading toward Chattanooga. The odometer in my Mom's Saturn read 3200 miles. As you can see in the photo, Savannah began the trip sleepy, ready for a nap. She took a nap, watched several hours of Elmo videos, and then fell asleep again. She did well in the car. We drove a little over 500 miles. We stopped in Staunton, VA to spend the night. It was 1:30 Eastern time. We drove 8 hrs.

Sleepy look to start the trip.
Saturday, May 31--Day 2
We slept till 9:00 Eastern. Got on the road at 11:00 and headed north toward Hershey, PA. Got to Hershey around 3:00. Ate lunch and took the chocolate tour. Jonathan and I both remember visiting the free tour on family trips when we were younger, but it seems they have done a lot of updating to what we both remembered. We walked around for maybe 1.5 hrs. then got back on the road toward Philadelphia. We arrived at the Delk's around 8:00, just in time to eat dinner with them. Savannah quickly made herself at home with David's toys. We got to meet new baby, Tommy.


Savannah quickly picked out what she wanted from the gift shop. HAHA. A purse none the less.

This is the small, cheaper, purse that she ended up getting. =)

This was the delightful treat I got for myself, a giant chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting and Reese's. Very Good!!
Sunday, June 1--Day 3
We went to church with the Delk's in Exton, PA. I fell in love with the scenery to and from church. There are so many historic homes and barns that have been kept up for hundreds of years. I LOVED all the stone work you see in the architecture of that area. I kept telling Jonathan I would love to stop and take pictures, "Here," "Here," and "Here." We ate lunch at CA Pizza Kitchen at the King of Prussia Mall. We intended on walking around the huge mall all afternoon before going back to church and letting Savannah take a nap in the stroller. She had other intentions. We made it through part of the mall and she wanted to walk herself, and wouldn't let anyone hold her hand, hence the folded arm stance in the picture below. I was really hoping to get to look in some of the cool stores there, but we had to cut our outing short. As soon as we got in the car, of course she is out like a light. We ended up driving through Valley Forge and enjoying the beautiful afternoon. There is a driving path that winds and twists throughout Valley Forge. There were all kinds of people out reading, running, bicycling, picnicing, and enjoying the afternoon.

"I do it!" I want to walk and not hold your hand.

Monument in the middle of Valley Forge

It doesn't get dark till well after 9:00. David and Savannah had time to play outside after church.
4 comments:
The "I do it" photo is classic. That's exactly what Ayla says when we're walking in the parking lot and I'm trying to juggle bags of stuff and hold her hand while she's struggling to let go of my hand and "do it" herself. Ugh.
Looks like your trip started off great! A good little traveler is a good thing...
Yum!! Now I'm REALLY craving a cupcake. That looks yummy!!!
Looks like lots of fun! I'm enjoying your blog so much! I check in often! Keep up the good work!
Um....that cupcake looks to die for!!
Post a Comment