Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Decorations

I have really enjoyed decorating the house for Christmas this year. I guess I have more rooms and areas to decorate. :) I've also made some crafty decorations that can be seen below. We hosted a Holiday ornament swap party with some of the young couples and singles from church, this past Saturday night at our house. Everyone had a lot of fun. It was something that hadn't been done before around here. We hope we can continue the tradition each year. I tried my hand at making 2 different soups. A potato soup, which became think mashed potatoes, but I guess still tasted ok, and a chicken taco/tortilla soup. I enjoyed the tortilla soup with the fresh cilantro mixed in. I also made a chocolate peppermint cake, of which I have nearly the whole cake still sitting in my refrigerator. Unfortunately J will not eat peppermint desserts. He doesn't know what he is missing!



Countdown to Christmas frame


I love the garland that I got for the mantle and glow at night.

Red tinsel tree I got after Christmas last year

My snowman red tinsel tree on the dining room table

Random snowmen gathered together on shelf

The stockings that I have made for our family.


Savannah and I have been enjoying the unseasonably 70 degree weather this week. It seems like we didn't have too many of these days this fall.

We are going to B'ham this weekend to celebrate Jonathan's 28th Birthday with his family. Savannah and I are planning to stay a few extra days to do some holiday baking with my mother and such. I've got plans to volunteer at the Scholastic Warehouse sale on Friday to earn some free books. I've made a dentist appt. for Monday. We might just have to make a trip to the Galleria to see Santa as well. I'm still looking for a sweet picture of Savannah and Santa. Isn't that a must for all parents each year?

My Christmas cards arrived in the mail on Monday from the printer. It only took 2 weeks to get here. Good thing I planned ahead! I got them addressed and put in the mail on Tuesday. So by today they should have arrived at all friends and family's homes. Here is the card for 2007. I just wish I remembered to type the date on it.

1 comment:

jenney said...

Your house looks beautiful!!! I love snowmen, too. =)

I love the picture of Savannah on the card! Such a great photo of her!