Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Pork Day?

Started this post before Thanksgiving..guess I should update now. I am thankful that we got to stay home for this holiday and our family came to see us. ;) We are so much closer now to the Terry's that we could make it to their house for lunch and back to enjoy the afternoon and prepare another feast for dinner with the Sauter's and Baileys. SInce not many people in the family enjoy turkey, we opted for a pork loin marinated in cranberry and pomegranete juices. I saw these a few weeks ago at SAMS and thought it might be worth trying. It was well recieved. We had a good time with both families. The Bailey's spent the night and Katie, Susan and I got up and braved the cold to hit some of the after Thanksgiving sales. I got my deals at Target and Michael's. It's nice to be done with your shopping for the day at 7:30. ;)

I jumped the gun the other night and put up the Christmas tree. I know this is traditionally done after Thanksgiving, but I thought the family might enjoy having the tree with us. I'm slowly trying to find places for all the other decorations. Savannah seems to really like the tree. She watched me put it up and seemed to enjoy the lights. She has been checking out all the ornaments. Of course the ones within her reach are kid friendly. I've been in the mood to make Christmas decorations. I've got several ideas up my sleeve. I made this paper wreath last week.


We have a Thanksgiving tradition with the Bailey's that they give us all a new Hallmark ornament for the tree on Thanksgiving. I got a pretty patchwork tree, Jonathan got the boy from The Christmas Story with the bb gun, and Savannah got a tiger in a box. It actually winds up and tiger pops out. She LOVES it! I can't tell you how many times we have wound it up for her. It has been on and off of the tree many times already. Good pick Grandmama! Here are a few pictures of Savannah enjoying the tree.




Savannah has a new favorite food...Raisins. I bought some last week and let her try them. Now she can't seem to get enough of them. Minus the sugar they are pretty healthy. We had several little meltdowns on our shopping trip at Publix today. Should've known it was past nap time! My word of advice to all moms...Don't allow your child to ever ride in the car buggy at the grocery store. After the first time, they will demand it every time. Those things are like trying to manuever a barge through a canal! They must be an extra 3 feet long!

I had a chance to do a photo shoot with Savannah's little buddy, Evan, the other day. Luckily Savannah took a nap through the whole experience, or we would have 2 little ones running around. I think his mom was pleased. Here is one of my favorites.


One of my goals for the week was to get a good portrait of Savannah to use for a Christmas card. This morning I put her dress back on her again and bribed her to sit on my black background with a red purse. After spending like 2 minutes, I actually got a really good head shot. You would never know what she was playing with. ;) I placed it into a digital background and sent it off to be printed tonight! Yeah, take complete! You'll have to wait to see the picture...

No comments: