Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Not enjoying the time change

Yes, It has been a hard change on us all. I am never a big fan of it getting dark at 5:00. I feel like I need to be hibernating by 7:00. Savannah had been sleeping till at least 8:00 on most mornings, but the past 3 days she has been waking up ready to go at 6:30. That has messed with my routine in the mornings. She is in much need and mom is ready for a break by 9:30.

I started this post several days ago and never finished...This past week was pretty uneventful around here. I spent most of the week picking up and cleaning for our guests on Sat. It always seems to take me forever to get the house in perfect order! I move one thing at a time to another room, trying to make a home for it. It's like I can't focus on finishing a whole room at one time. Also the fact that Savannah is trailing right behind me pulling things out of drawers and baskets, DOESN'T help much! She has gotten really bad lately about wanting to go through all the drawers in the house. May need to look into safely latches. She has also been throwing nice little tantrums when she doesn't get her way or something she shouldn't have is taken away from her. Usually her throwing herself down on the ground screaming doesn't last more than a minute before she is over it.

Last week I went over to the Decatur Target to pick up some cabinet door pulls since the one in Madison only had 8 when I found them in stock last week. I've been wanting to replace the brass knobs on our kitchen cabinet since we moved in and I knew of the exact pewter/black knob that I want from Target, but they always were out of them when I looked for them. So once I found 8 I was determined to get the rest. So, I was able to get 16 more in Decatur. I've installed those 24 and now I just need to get 4 more and the cabinets will be compete. It really did get the kitchen an instant face lift. While in Decatur I took Savannah by Delano Park. I had driven by this beautiful rose garden before and knew it would be a perfect place to take some pictures. I didn't exactly get any pictures with the roses because Savannah had more fun running around on the rock path and then through the big open field below. At least it was something fun for her to do.

On Saturday Jacob, Abby, and Ellie came up to visit us and watch the Auburn vs. Georgia game. John Michael and Leigh Anne from church also came over. Of course the guys were loving watching the game up close and personal on the big screen, that is until the 4th quarter when Auburn stunk it up. Jonathan cooked ribs for us for lunch.

We are official members at the Corinth Church of Christ congregation in Athens. We've been visiting for most of this past month and decided this would be the best place for our family to settle down. All the members have been very friendly and welcoming to us. There are several young couple our age with young children and the elders are very excited about the new building that should be completed in January.

Our dog, Barney, has been playing the escape artist a lot lately. He is managing to dig holes underneath the wood fence at different spots. As soon as one hole is patched, he has worked on other. We realized that he is wanting to go exploring in the wetland/natural area behind the fence. He got out the other morning and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get him back, but then like an hour later I see him crawl back through the hole to come home. Well this morning, before church, Jonathan notices that he is missing. He goes out calling for him and then drives around to get to the other side of the natural area. Barney sees him and just wants him to follow him into the impassable woods. We figured he would come home when he was ready. He was still not back when we got home from church. Around 3:30 Jonathan tries again to bring him back. He took Byron with him to hunt him down. Apparently he had chased and corner some animal up a tree that he didn't want to leave. Needless to say after his field day adventure, he was in trouble when he got home...and he knew it!

I will leave you with several pictures from the park the other day:


No comments: