Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What A Great Day

Well, today is my 27th Birthday :), but I am not referring to today. This past Saturday was just a great day for me. I spent Friday night at my parents house in Birmingham, because I had to bring Savannah down for a doctor's appt on Friday. I woke up at 5:15 and jumped in the car with my carefully planned out list of garage sales, to be in Helena at 6:00. There is nothing better to me than the rush of getting to garage sales early and finding awesome bargains! I will look up on AL.com the listings the night before and carefully read what each sale has to offer in certain areas and print out a list. Then based on time, area, and desire for each sale, I will go through and number the order of my stops. (Maybe I should've been the one with the Logistics degree? :) So, after a few stops in Helena I came up Shades Crest through my old stomping ground. I almost cried as I passed through the old intersection and then didn't turn down the old street. It has only been a week since I've moved, but the familiarity is still very vivid and just knowing that I will never go back to that house, makes me sad. By 9:00 I had finished my route and was about out of money. I must say it was a very profitable day! Check out what all I found:

I got this rug for $15 and thought it would look great under my kitchen table, especially when I paint the walls a sagey green.


I believe most of these books and toys came from one sale. She was practically giving it all away. I got some like new books that Savannah will enjoy in her church bag.


I racked up on clothes for Savannah for the upcoming season. Most of these items were off a $.25 table. You certainly can't beat that price. That's like getting this whole lot of clothing for less than the cost of one new item. Children's clothing has got to be my most favorite thing to shop for!

I also found an umbrella stroller for my sister, several plastic travel booster seats, and a gate to place at the top of out stairs.

Upon my return to my parent's house, I was able to fit in a short run. That afternoon I was able to attend a Clear Mini Album class taught by Shelley Burkett at ScrapEtc. It is the 3rd class that I've taken there, and it is so nice to be able to sit down and have all the materials handed to you and told what to do :) The class was about using songs for inspiration. So she had taken the song "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley and turned it into an album about someone special. Of course I chose to do mine about Savannah. I finished up my album last night and am very please with the way it turned out. My goal for today is to take pictures of it to post on here to share.

When Savannah and I got back to Madison that night, Jonathan was busy cooking supper, and when I walked into the office room, to my surprise Jonathan had been busy shopping and putting together my Birthday present:


It's a Gateway desktop computer. I totally did not ask for this. Jonathan had been talking about possibly wanting to get me a Mac computer, but apparently after his shopping decided this system was a better deal. The monitor is huge...I love it.

2 comments:

jenney said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love your gift! ;-)

I need to go garage-saling with you!!! You're very skilled at it!! Looks like you got some awesome deals!

Abby said...

I am so jealous over you b'day gift! It is so cool. By the way, we need to go to garage sales together! You find the best stuff.