Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Trip to Chattanooga

I much enjoyed my time away with Jonathan on our trip to Chattanooga. I wish Jonathan could have taken more than a day off of work for his mental sanity, but I know he was grateful for an extra day. The Stone Fort Inn was very nice. It is very tastefully decorated with the finest antiques and European charm. The breakfast was very good each morning. Here is a view of our room.




Friday we visited Rock City, Incline Railway, and Ruby Falls. We had never been to these attractions before. I thought they were places you need to experience at least once, but probably wouldn't go back often. It was overcast this day, so we didn't get the full view from Rock City of all 7 states. Each of the attractions were pretty crowded.


Saturday we walked around a local mall, Jonathan patiently let me visit a local scrapbook store (of which I was not impressed!), we saw Pirates of the Carribean 3, and walked around the riverfront downtown. We will visit the aquarium one day when we can take Savannah back with us. We ate at several local restaurants while there: Sticky Fingers barbeque, The Acropolis, and River City Grille.

We both missed Savannah while gone. Every time we would see a little toddler girl it would make us think of her. As much as we could have liked for her to see the sites with us, she would not have been able to handle the walking, nor us lugging her around.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures that I took on the foot bridge the crosses the river.



1 comment:

Amy Nabors said...

love all the photos!