Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to Reality

Is it really Nov. 11? I've had a nice 10 day break from reality this past week and now I'm back at home with things I should be doing around the house, but I'm dealing with sinus trouble that is making me more slower, not to mention my whole face hurts. I've gotta get Savannah back into a home routine after being spoiled by Grandparents.
We enjoyed the festivities of Halloween on the 31st with 2 different parties. One geared to the little kids and one for some of our adult friends. While Savannah didn't get to go trick-or-treating from door to door, she did enjoy gathering treats along the way. Here are a few pictures of her dressed up.






We all went as bees this year. I painted black stripes on some yellow t-shirts. Jonathan was the killer bee and I was the Queen bee.

I got up early the next morning with car loaded and headed to ScrapEtc to teach my Photography Tricks class. It was a fun class to be able to teach, and I think the ladies who attended learned some new tricks and had fun playing with me. Here is the layout I made for the class.
Lucy has talked with Amy N. and I about starting a Photography/Photoshop class on a regular basis at the store. Anyone interested in learning about their cameras, how to take better pictures, different editing techniques?

It was a beautiful weekend and I enjoyed 3 different family photo shoots at Aldridge Gardens the rest of the weekend. Birmingham was at the brink of Fall color at that point. It was neat to watch colors being added to the trees every day that week.

Jonathan drove down with Savannah on Saturday. Savannah got to have some Grandmama and Granddaddy time on Sat and Sun. Jonathan and I enjoyed dinner out by ourselves. We had time to spare to do something else, but we were both too tired, and opted to go home.

Savannah was happy to get to play with cousin Rebecca on Monday. One minute they could be hugging all over each other, and the next fighting over the one backpack, etc. Did a quick 5 minute photo shoot with Rebecca for a 2 year old picture Kathryn wanted in the yellow heirloom dress that Kathryn wore and my Mother wore at this age.

Later we went to Aldridge to get Mommy/Daughter pictures for Kathryn. After seeing how well Rebecca cooporated and the cute pictures they got together, made me a little jealous that I can't get anything like that with Savannah.





Tuesday Savannah woke up with a mysterious fever. She didn't have any other symptoms, but it was making her uncomfortable and definitely not her self. After getting up to 103 at one point, giving her Motrin after Tylenol seemed to do the trick and it was back to normal by the evening.

Wednesday we met up with a friend at Aldridge to walk and have a picnic. I've been on my feet walking during my pregnancy, but pushing a stroller up and around the hills gave me a good workout that day! I thought Andrea might be able to get a few quick pictures of me and Savannah, since we have the same camera, but my stubborn daughter wasn't going to cooporate. I've got some cute ones to email you though Andrea. =)
Thursday Savannah got to go with Grandma Sauter to Aunt Kathryn's new house in Arkadelphia. This gave me some time alone to finish up the picture editing I needed to do for the week. Savannah and I met the Bailey's for dinner that night.

Friday and Saturday I was helping out at the Wrapper's Delight Event put on by ScrapEtc at the Pelham Civic Center. Lucy and all the girls did a great job putting together a fun and festive crop with some great decorations and classes. I enjoyed taking Vanessa's painted canvas class. It has been so long since I have sat down and got to play with paint. Makes me want to paint some more! I didn't get a whole lot of scrapping down this weekend, but I did enjoy seeing all the creativity going on in the room, and I've got lots of ideas of little projects I would like to do soon for Christmas decorations and such. I didn't take a ton of great pictures, but I'll see if I can get a slide show posted with what I got later.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for the Halloween pictures- I'm still heartily laughing at J. being dressed up!! I'm also laughing because we have countless childhood pictures of me standing in the exact same way as S. does w/ her hands behind her back.
The pictures of Rebecca are wonderful- she is more beautiful every time I see her!

jenney said...

Looks like you've been busy!!! Can't wait to see the pictures from your photoshoots! Ya'll look so cute all dressed up for Halloween!

Unknown said...

OMGosh!!! I love those bee outfits!! That's so adorable!!

I wish my LSS would have someone come in to do photog/PE classes!! That'd be awesome...I'm sure your classes are great!