Thursday, April 9, 2009

1 Month Old

It is truly hard to believe that today marks one month since the birth of our sweet Sarah Beth. All our lives have changed as we are learning to adjust to each other.

Sarah Beth, here are highlights from your 1st month with us.
(This list is mostly for me and have it documented so I can add it to a scrapbook page when I get the chance.)

3/11--Came home from the hospital as a family of 4
3/12--Weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. , 19 1/4 in
3/14--Baggetts, Paula, Kathy, and Great Grandma and Grandpa Terry came to visit you
3/15--Grandpa Sauter and Great Grandma Sauter came to visit you
3/16--Grandma Sauter went back to Birmingham and took Savannah with her
3/17--1 week photoshoot with mommy
3/18--6 lbs. 15 oz.
3/19--Grandmama and Grandaddy Bailey came to visit you and bring back Savannah. You had your 1st real outing to lunch at Tortillas Blanco.
3/20--Newborn well check-up. 6 lbs. 14 oz.
3/21--Started supplementing you with about 2 oz. of formula a day for hungry time period
3/22--1st trip to church
3/23--Tried out sit and stand stroller with a walk with Savannah
3/25--7 lbs. 3 oz.
3/36--1st MOPS meeting with mommy
3/28--Grandma and Grandpa Sauter spend the night with us
4/1--Visit to Great Grandma and Grandpa Terry's house in Decatur
4/3--1st trip to Target
4/4--1st trip to Birmingham. Met the Falls side of the family
4/6-7--Daddy got to stay home with us

Observations
-You have a nice head of dark hair that seems to get a lot of attention since your sister was bald for 2 years (This is probably my favorite feature about you =) )
-Short legs and long feet
-You have similar characteristics as Savannah, but you are also uniquely your own
-Calm temperament and fairly easy to manage
-Like to sit in your car seat! You have slept in your car seat by Mommy and Daddy's bed for most of this month
-You and I both prefer for you to have pumped bottles throughout the night. You get fed and we usually all get to go back to sleep
-Burps pretty easily and lots of gas
-You prefer to be held
-You started staying awake more around the 3rd week and even more by the 4th week
-You started getting baby acne bumps around the 4th week
-You don't really care much for the pacifier
-You will sometimes put thumb or fingers in your mouth, usually when you are getting hungry
-You like Daddy's thumb in your mouth
-At the end of the 1st month you are finally started to fill out your newborn size clothes
-Your cord stump didn't fall off until the end of the 1st month (4/8) Your belly button still sticks out
--Savannah loves trying to help you and brings you toys whether you need them or not
--I think you may be hitting a growth spurt at the end of the month, because you have started acting more fussy this week and eating seems to calm you.

Here is a layout I made this week for the current Noel Mignon ad challenge using the birth announcement that I made for Sarah Beth.


Here are a few favorite pictures taken today in her room.
This is chair I plan to use to take a picture of her in each month to document growth. I can tell a growth difference since week 1!
Doesn't she look like such a big girl

This is my favorite =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like she has grown so much just since this past weekend ... love the update........mom

Erica said...

I can't believe it has already been a month! She is still beautiful and I know y'all are enjoying her so much!

Kathryn said...

Enjoyed the update. Sarah Beth is so beautiful! I love the pic of her sitting in her crib!! See you soon.

Noel said...

Oh my...she is so sweet!! Your entry for the challenge is adorable! Thanks for joining us! :) Have a nice weekend.

jenney said...

Wow, that went by way too fast. She's so adorable, Elizabeth!!

Julie said...

She's adorable! I especially love the picture of her sitting up in her bed. I can't wait to meet her! I hope ya'll are doing well, and had a fun Easter.