Sunday, September 16, 2007

What a Beautiful Weekend!

Saturday was just a beautiful prefall day, blue sky, crisp air. I began the day with a jog around the neighborhood, and it was actually chilly outside. When I came back I had the bright idea to make banana bread with the browning bananas we had sitting on the counter. After getting half way into the mixing I realized we didn't have any baking soda in the house. Must have thrown it out when we moved. So Jonathan graciously went to the store and got me some. I can't wait till the Publix opens right across the street. I can forget stuff/run out and never have to worry about it. So anyway I got it baked and it turned out pretty good. For lunch we drove down to Cullman to meet the Bailey's at Cracker Barrel. They can't stay away from that grandbaby. Grandmama even let Savannah pick out a toy. Yes, we will be hearing the Merry Christmas "Makes You Want to Shout" song for the next 3 months played on a stuffed dog who dances and flops his ears. That's ok, it was was great entertainment for Savannah in the car.

That afternoon we drove to Decatur for my cousin's daughter's 1st birthday party. Aunt Paula had everything set up in the yard for the friends and family. It was the absolute perfect day for such a party! Savannah had a good time running around in the yard, chasing other kids, and trying her best to climb onto the inflatable slide. She wasn't big enough to go down it herself and it was all wet, but that didn't stop her from trying. I tried taking as many pictures as I could of the event. I love taking pictures of birthday parties. I've had fun doing so at the past 1st birthday's that Savannah has been to. Nothing beats pictures of child digging into their first cake/cupcake!! Maybe one day I'll persue being a B'day photographer.

I do have 2 funny stories about Savannah from the past few days. The other day I was folding clothes in my bedroom. Savannah walks into her room and I can hear her in there playing and closing the door on her dresser. I didn't think too much of it, because she likes to open and close it all the time. I go in there a few minutes later, and see that she had pulled open her second drawer and pulled all her pajamas and clothes out of the drawer. Half were strung across the floor and the other half she was stuffing into the door next to the bags of diapers. Apparently she felt the need to "Fold/play" with her clothes as well. I see what she has done and start to get mad at her, but instead go and get the camera and start snapping pictures, and try not to laugh. When I tried putting everything back in the drawers where it belonged, she pulled it right back out and did what she wanted to do with it. You don't mess with her organization! What have a taught my child?!

Today Savannah was taking a nap in just a diaper, because I was waiting to put her dress on her for church. I hear her talking to herself, like she does when she wakes up. Jonathan goes in there to get her and she is stand up waiting. Jonathan said something didn't look right. She had taken her diaper off at some point and managed to wet on the bed. I guess I better keep clothes on top of of that diaper from now on!

I will leave you with a few of my favorite photos from the party on Sat.



Picture of Raelyn, the Birthday Girl


Callie, the youngest of the cousin bunch


Savannah


Rebecca


This was out attempt to get a picture of all 4 Great-Grandbabies together. Of course the smallest, Callie, who appeared to be the most innocent goes straight after Rebecca and tries to bite her. That disrupts the whole photo opp. I guess there is something to be said for red heads!


What's a birthday without cake!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Elizabeth,
These pictures are great!! How did you make the background blurry. By the way, you get so much done in a day. I stay impressed. Ellie still does not like naps, so not much gets done.

Katie said...

What beautiful babies! It looks like they had a lot of fun :-)
It was great to see & Jonathan on Saturday!

Kathryn said...

I'm sad I missed the party and all the cousin fun...can't wait till they are all together for the holidays...miss ya'll...we need to get together sometime after our trip next week!