Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Scenes from Halloween

Here are the girls decked out in their Halloween costumes. I took Sarah Beth and Savannah to Mooresville on Oct 21 for her second annual bee parade and half birthday pictures. Call it lazy or call it being practical, I prefer the second. =) We recycled costumes this year. Sarah Beth wore the ladybug that Savannah had her first year and Savannah wore her bumble bee from last year. I LOVE my cutie bugs! I need to do a post with life with Savannah at 3.5; and she will tell you now when you ask her age that she is 3.5.



On Halloween I dressed as a gardener with my bugs and Jonathan had been scheming up a grand plan to make a hot air balloon costume. Can't tell you how many hours he spent searching for the basket, giant balloon, etc. When we arrive at the destination of our party that evening, he has to assemble to costume and blow up the giant hot air balloon. He didn't take into account how he was going to sit down wearing a basket around his waste. So he gets it all assembled and comes walking up to the door behind a pack of trick-or-treaters and as he tries to enter the door, the balloon must have hit the brick or something and it bursts. So we all got a brief glimpse of what the costume looked like and I didn't even get a picture of it! I'm not sure if the balloon would have fit in the ceiling at the house. He has an extra balloon, so we may have to recreate it one day for the sake of a picture.

No comments: