Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Quack, Quack

Savannah and I had fun having Kathryn and Rebecca spend the night Friday. Savannah got to stay up later and take a walk down to Bruster's. Saturday we took the girls to the Madison City Street Festival. It was fun pushing the girls around in their strollers and seeing the sites and people. I didn't get any good pictures of Savannah, but I did get some great ones of my adorable niece, Rebecca. Check out the eyes in this picture! I'm learning to use available light to bounce off the eyes for a glow.


I've been looking at several places lately trying to find a fall wreath to hang on our front door. I didn't want anything too Halloweeny that couldn't be used into Nov. I couldn't find anything that I just loved for less than at least $30. While I was at Michael's on Monday I talked myself into trying my hand at making my own wreath. I found some bunches of bright colored fall leaves that I liked and were on sale. So, I thought I would give it a try. I sat down with the glue gun and Martha Stewart on TV in the background and felt pretty crafty. I was pleased with the way it turned out.




Oh, Savannah is officially a toddler now...She has eaten her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We haven't given her a lot of peanut butter before now because the doctor's say wait till closer to 2 because of possible allergies. Well, I needed something different to start feeding her and she hasn't seemed to have trouble with the bits she has had already. Needless to say she enjoyed it and had sticky jelly all over her to prove it.

Today I went to the Old TIme Pottery here in town. It must be a fairly new store. It was well stocked and they seemed to have some good deals. I went with the purpose of finding a hook to go over the front door to put the wreath on. I went through the whole store before finding one on the opposite side. That's ok, it gave me an excuse to look around. I did find some new kitchen chair cushion on sale for $6 each. I didn't think that was too bad. On our way home I stopped at a neighborhood a few miles from home and let Savannah feed the ducks some crackers. I'm not sure if she has seen ducks up close before, although she knows that they quack. There were a ton of Canadian Geese and from what I could tell 2 Mallard Ducks. The Mallard ducks were very fiesty. They went after every cracker we threw down before the geese had a chance, and even came up and ate them out of Savannah's hands. She thought they were hilarious! She got the biggest belly laugh when all the ducks started coming towards us and eating. Those 2 ducks wanted to follow us for a while. Savannah got to swing on the playground. On the way back to the car we stopped under the gazebo. It was the perfect place for good light for pictures out of the direct sunlight with a nice tree behind. Here are a few of my favorite.









1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great picture of Rebecca- she is beautiful! I love the one of Savannah feeding the ducks. She definitely looks like she is the one in control of that situation haha. Sorry, I forgot to tell you about my blog! I liked yours so much that I wanted to do one on blogspot as well. The wreath on your door is wonderful! It's great for the entire season. Maybe you can help me make one next weekend. :-)